Slider

When Life Gives You Tomatoes.

July 18, 2014

For two garden growing people that don’t really enjoy fresh tomatoes, we always have a TON of ripe tomatoes and not much use for them. Over the 4th of July weekend I made a big bowl of bruschetta for an appetizer and had a small bowl leftover. I then had one of those light bulb moments when I thought, “hey! I’m going to bake chicken with the left over bruschetta since that husband and I both enjoy COOKED tomatoes!!”, and it was such a wonderful idea. Peter said that it reminded him of chicken that tasted like pizza, only healthier. It was one of the first times in a looooong time that I didn't run to pinterest to check on a recipe and I'm so glad I didn't. I just went with my gut and made up my own recipe and of course I have to share it with all of you!! So, if you want to eat chicken that tastes like a pizza (seriously, who doesn't want that?!?) then this is what you need to do....


Part One // the bruschetta
tomatoes
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar
basil leaves
fresh mozzarella
1 clove of garlic, minced
sprinkle of Italian seasoning
 
1// slice as many tomatoes as your little heart desires into tiny pieces
2// chop 5-6 fresh basil leaves and add to the tomatoes
3// normally I use the minced garlic in a tube for recipes, one squirt was plenty. Otherwise, mince one clove of garlic and add to the bowl
4// slice as much mozzarella as you want, I typically eye about 1/2 the amount of tomatoes
5// add a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
6// stir and refrigerate to combine all the flavors or eat fresh



 

Part Two // the chicken
left over bruschetta from an epic party (or fresh if just made)
chicken breasts
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
 
1// drizzle olive oil and balsamic to coat the bottom of a baking dish
2// place the chicken in the baking dish and add a dash of salt and pepper to each side
3// continue to flip and press the chicken in the balsami & oil mixture until it soaks in, normally for 2-3 minutes
4// pile on the bruschetta goodness
5// bake in over at 350 for 30 minutes
6// slice chicken to confirm it has fully cooked
7// enjoy the yummy, cheesy, juicy chicken



2 comments:

Chelsea said...

This looks so fresh and delicious!

CassieEliya said...

It is, you should definitely try it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan