Slider

Healthy.

July 25, 2014

I had a completely different plan for today’s blog post but once I saw this link up with Amber & Juliette I knew I had to hop on it. Health… such a crazy thing to try and accomplish, isn't it?


I always try and honor the Lord with my words here so I thought it would be best to start off with a verse that changed my life. I remember sitting in a room full of women at my church listening about our bodies. How God made us in His image. How He created us to be beautiful and desired, how we need to honor Him with that beauty. How my health is for His kingdom, not for my selfish need to be skinny or pretty. It was like all of the dots lined up for me in that moment. My body is His first, not mine or my husband’s, but His. What I choose to do with it reflects who I am through Him. That is a big deal.

So what do I do with that?
Do I try my best to stay active and eat well? Yes. Do I try my best to eat organic and take my vitamins? Yes. Do I want to take care of my body so I can have healthy children with my husband one day? Yes.

I want all of those things, and all of those desires are placed in my heart by the One who made me. I pray that I honor Him with every decision I make. I am His, and He is mine.

But being healthy isn't just about my physical appearance. It is also about my heart. A healthy heart gives and takes just like our bodies do, having good days and bad days, but in the end it is also His. All His. Anything that we take in our heart can be fixed by His goodness and grace. I find that so reassuring!

So yes, I try my best to always think about my health, body and heart, but not because of me. Because of my Savior. I want to be able to give Him my best because He gave up everything for me. He puts this breath in my lungs and pushes my body and soul. That is everything to me because He is everything to me.

Mr. Thomas & Me

I have loved reading all of the posts about health from this link up. It is inspiring to read the words from all these women and know that we can be kind to ourselves.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Such good inspiration!

CassieEliya said...

I'm so glad! :)

Lauren M. said...

Yep. I need this today :)

CassieEliya said...

I'm happy it helped!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan