Slider

Crazyness

October 8, 2011

I have been reading the awesome book, Crazy Love for a little while now. I haven’t been speeding through it. Not because I’m bored… but because I want to soak in every word.

This book has seriously changed everything about Christianity for me. Everything about God’s love. His Kingdom. Our point for being here. I think everyone should read it because it's CRAZY good!

In the dictionary Crazy is defined as:
  1. Mentally deranged; demented; insane
  2. senseless; impractical; totally unsound: a crazy scheme.

It’s funny to look at the love God has for us and think of it as mentally deranged. Thinking of His love for you as something demented or insane. Something that’s senseless, impractical or totally unsound. Think of those words… say them out loud. I never thought that God’s love was any of those things. But it is.

We are sinful. Even our greatest works are filthy rags to Him. And yet He LOVES us. He loved us so much He chose to die for us… if that’s not insane I don’t know what is.

We are selfish human beings. I know I’m not the only one that can go a full day without taking 15 minutes to sit with God and actually talk to Him. Not BEGGING Him for something but really sit and enjoy His beauty and love, thanking Him completely for everything He’s given me. Yea, I don’t do that every day. 

And yet He loves me unconditionally and wants to KNOW me. He is mine, and I am His.
Senseless, impractical LOVE that I don’t even realize I have most of the time.

The part of the book I was reading last night said:
“When you are running toward Christ, you are freed up to serve, love, and give thanks without guilt, worry, or fear. As long as you are running you are safe."

I swear I read it 4 times… underlined it and read it again. That’s the way we Christians should live. Every day wake up with one purpose. To run around sharing His Crazy Love with everyone we meet because His love is worth everything. EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan