Slider

DIY {Headboard Awesomeness}

October 22, 2011


So this is my first official DIY post! :) Kinda excited about it.... not gonna lie. 
My bed used to look like this.... 
This was my room a few weeks ago... 
Old head board, no blanket on the bed and no tie backs for the curtains yet.

So, this is what we (My mom, Jocie, and I) did.... 
First of all we unscrewed the headboard and popped the padded part out. 

Lie the padded board on the floor and place the fabric in the desired area. 

Tighten the fabric on the back side by pulling and staple in place.
After all the fabric is stapled in place use scissors to cut the excess fabric.
Possibly for pillows.... :)  

And here is my lovely assistant pressing on the new headboard while it's screwed in place. 

Close up of the corner of the board once it was complete. 

And this is the view from my doorway NOW! 


Now I need to hang some things on the wall which I will also have a special DIY Project for! Can’t wait to have everything completed… This month is FLYING by and I have to have everything complete by November 4th, that's the big day for the Shower for my lovely friend, Katie Ayer!  
Hope you all had a beautiful week and I REALLY hope you enjoyed the crisp, cold air! I sure did since this is my favorite time of year!!! I thought I’d leave you with a bible verse from one of my devotionals this week… I really love it and I hope you do too! Happy Weekend!!
“Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping Him with holy fear and awe. For our God is a devouring fire.” {Hebrews 12:28-29} (NLT)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan