Slider

Cancelled Plans & A Patient Heart.

October 18, 2011

This year has gone a lot differently than I had planned. I can't help but think of that quote I've always heard...

"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans..." 
-Woody Allen

I never understood that till recently. I've always been a planner... planning for tonight, for this weekend, and I definitely had the 5 year plan in my head. Well, God sure let me know that He had a different plan. I tried to ignore His voice and made excuses for going along with my plan instead but He finally put his foot down.
And I finally listened. 

I have to say, this is the happiest I have ever been. It's so freeing to let everything go and follow where God is leading... scary, yes. But definitely freeing. I'm enjoying the journey and I appreciate all the amazing people He has put in my life right now. I am blessed to be surrounded by ladies that are so in love with God and keep me in check. 

Even though my focus is on His plan instead of my own there are still times when I feel alone. Not sure what I should do? Not sure what my next step should be? Trying to be calm and wait for His answers but then wondering if I can hear them at all. I'm sure everyone has felt that way a time or two... it's definitely not fun. 

When I went to the Shane & Shane show on Saturday night they played one of the new songs and it so hit home for me. I know God is the center of my heart and my world but there are still times that I beg for Him to make Himself known. 

I've had those moments where I'm sitting in my bed before I go to sleep with my journal in my lap and my pen in my hand but not sure what to right. Not sure what to ask. Wanting to thank Him for everything in my life. Waiting with my eyes closed and heart abandoned for His grace and love to fill in the empty spaces that still need to be captured by God. Captured by Him so I won't have to question what I should do or how I should feel because He will guide those thoughts and feelings for me. 

So this song is perfection and I love it. I hope you enjoy it and maybe it will help you out a little bit too! :) 


and if that doesn't make you want to buy their new CD I don't know what will... the entire album is precious, just like that song. Have a happy Tuesday! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan