Slider

Happy

February 16, 2011

As most of you know (if you read this SUSHI POST a while back) Peter and I go out for a Sushi date every Wednesday night!!  Most of the time it's just the 2 of us but we love to have guests as well.  

After I finish my meal every week apparently I lose control of my self which Peter also calls a "Sushi High"... 

During this few moments on the ride home I...
1) Smile a lot!! 
2) Sometimes squeal.
3) Expect at least 2 kisses at every red light.
4) And there's usually some laughing involved! 

After a few minutes... usually 30 at most my "Sushi High" is gone and I'm back to the normal, laid back Cassie.  In the past 2 years that we've been having our weekly sushi dates Peter has gotten accustomed to this.  I remember the first time I took my mom to eat Sushi when Peter was out of town for work (because I can't go a week without it) I think she thought something was seriously wrong with me.  She kept looking at me like I was a stranger and asked me at one point if I was somehow drunk off of the water that I drank at dinner?  

It's surprising to me that I still experience this after eating sushi every week for some time now but it never fails... always on the way home it happens.  Miyabi + Sushi = HAPPY CASSIE



Not only was this a Sushi Wednesday but today would have been my Papa's 79th Birthday.  I still can't believe he's gone sometimes.  Certain things will happen and I'll think, I need to tell Papa... or my car will be making a weird sound and I'll think, I should run my car by Papa's so he can listen to it... and sometimes I will be visiting my Grandma and taking a nap (something about that house, I always have the BEST naps there for some reason?) and I will be in between sleep and awake and I swear I hear him walking by or whispering and for just a second I think he's there.... but he's not.  

I'm not saying all this to prove that I'm sad he's gone.  I do miss him every single day BUT I am so happy he's not suffering or in pain anymore.  He is free.  No pain, no sadness, no questions on why he has Cancer for the second time in his life.  Just pure happiness and peace in Heaven forever.  I'm sure he is having the BEST Birthday ever with all the family that he's missed for a long time and with the family that's made it there after him.  I do miss him, but I would never want him back the way he was when he left.  

This is one of my favorite pictures of him... 

This was Thanksgiving, 2009 and we all knew it would be his last.  He was in pain, had no hair and he died 2 months later but look at that smile.  That's what I always remember about him... his happiness.  So that's what I am going to do, be HAPPY that he is going to be happy forever!  Miss you and LOVE you, Papa!!! 



So as I sit on the couch at Peter's house, comfy under my blanket watching him kill people fiercely on this crazy video game (He seriously just said "OH COME ON, I SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD"... no lie!) I am coming down from my weekly Sushi High.  Which also means I'm going to go get a nice, hot, delicious cup of HOT tea!!! 

Good Night All!  Hope you had a wonderful Hump Day... half the work week is over!! YAY! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan