Slider

Snowshoe Weekend

January 10, 2011

So, I learned a few things over the weekend.... 

  • I cry a LOT when I get frustrated. 
  • I get frustrated VERY easily.
  • I have the most patient, loving boyfriend ever!!! 
Yea... snowboarding is not my thing.  Don't get me wrong, I was super excited to have some alone time with Peter while he taught me how to snowboard and take cute pictures in all the snow but that just didn't happen!  

After I let Peter go snowboarding with some of the guys for a few hours so he could actually have some fun we decided it was time for me to try and have some fun too.  We also thought it would be a good idea to start off small on the slope that took Peter less than 4 minutes to complete.  

.........after 90 minutes I finally found the end of the slope.  

Within the first 5 minutes I was already crying.  In the past 2½ years Peter has seen me cry a few times but NEVER like this.  I was embarrassed, irritated, annoyed and of course frustrated.  I just could NOT get the hang of this stupid board that was attached to my feet!

Now a normal person would give up on someone who was acting like a complete baby, sitting in the snow and saying over and over "I DON'T LIKE THIS" but not my sweet, wonderful boyfriend!  

No... he just kept saying things like, I believe in you... you can do this... I'm not going to let you give up... we don't have far to go.... I'm right here, I won't let you fall.... I could go on and on with all the amazing things he kept saying when I was having my many breakdowns.  

And of course he was right... I did get, well sorta got it finally at the end of the slope but after the 90 minutes of constant falling on my poor knees there was NO WAY I was going to attempt another slope.  After some lunch and a ride back to the house Peter went out with the guys again while I took a much needed nap since I was physically AND emotionally drained.  

This is the only picture we have in our snow gear... it was taken before the 90 minutes of "snowboarding".

I wanted to take a picture after surviving the slope but since I looked like a complete mess and 
a "raccoon" (Peter's words) the camera was definitely not used.  

After the wonderful nap, a face scrub and reapplying of the make up this picture was taken at the bar after dinner while we watched the AMAZING Jets game!!  After a very long day it was a perfect ending!  

I joked around on Facebook about this trip being a "relationship strength building exercise" but that's exactly what it was.  I definitely knew what an amazing guy I have but after this weekend I have no doubt that I am the luckiest woman alive!!!  So, thank you Peter for your patience and ability to calm me down when all I want to do is jump off the cliff. ;)  I love you!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan