Slider

introducing the new chicks.

March 22, 2017


We were so excited to have some beautiful weather over the weekend and Peter wanted to celebrate by letting the baby chicks out in the yard for the first time. They have been trying to escape their little box in the garage already, it still shocks me how quickly they grow and learn to fly around. I was sitting on the couch one day last week, holding Solomon has he slept and nursed (thanks to some new teeth coming in!), when I heard a very loud chirping from the garage. I had the tv on and everything, but I could still hear the screams for help. I knew something was going on and guessed that a baby chick had flown out and couldn't find her way back up to the box. I text Peter to see if he could run home for a quick trip and save the day, which thankfully he could. He found one of the chicks on the floor of the garage. We still have a few weeks to build the new coop, and then they will be ready for the yard, once all their feathers are in! I'm honestly a little nervous about integrating the new chicks with the two we have in the yard now. The big chicks were definitely interested and screaming pretty loud when they saw the babies. It's common for additions to not go well. I guess we will find out soon enough. 

learning how to feed the chicks like daddy, so cute!! 
He wants to do everything he sees his daddy do lately, & I love it. 

sweet boy smiling at his baby chicken! He wants to hold them so badly... 
too bad he would probably squeeze it to death. 

First worm for the babies, it was an exciting day for them. Sunshine, fresh air and new treats!!

This kid could spend ALL DAY outside. He also points outside frequently and says, "side, bike, ride" and he doesn't give in easily. I have a feeling we will spend most of the spring & summer months outside. I'm not a big fan of being outside, so it's a good thing I love this little guy a lot. The vitamin D will be good for both of us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan