Slider

six things I love at six months.

March 23, 2016

Last night was rough. Like a crying, teething, kicking me in the side all night, kind of baby rough so I thought today would be the perfect time to share six things that I really love right now. Cause teething is NOT one of them..... 


1 // his hands. 
They kill me... everything about them. The little dimples above his knuckles. The way he stares at them so hard that he goes cross-eyed. The way they search with excitement when it's time for him to nurse and the cute way he covers his eyes while he is drinking and he's ready to sleep. Yea, everything about his hands make me want to eat him up. 

2 // the i miss you smile.
There are times when I'm not around him for a few minutes while I'm cleaning the kitchen or putting away laundry and he is left to play alone. He never has a problem with this if I can sneak out while he isn't paying attention, but when I come back in the room, he gives me the biggest gummy smile and I almost melt every single time. 

3 // happy mornings.
Almost every morning, we start the day with lots of kicks, squeals and smiles in the bed. He will nurse a little bit off and on and fall back to sleep with me, but each time he wakes up, he is all excited and happy to start the day. It really is the happiest way to start my morning.

4 // his happy word.
Milk. He loves it, and it makes me so happy to know that he loves nursing as much I love it. The first time I realized he knew what milk meant was a couple months ago when we were watching TV and he was being a little fussy. Peter asked him if he wanted some milk and he smiled so big and then looked at me and smiled. He was standing in my lap facing me and he put his hands on my chest and leaned down to put his face on my chest as well. I almost died. Pure sweetness, and even now I know that when I say the world milk he will smile and let me know if he is hungry. 

5 // the monkey hold.
Just recently in the past week or so I've noticed how he feels like a little monkey on my hip when I pick him up. Almost every time I scoop him up, he wraps his legs around my waist and clings on to my arm while biting on my shoulder. It's precious and he feels like a little monkey on my hip.

6 // squealing mess.
The boy can't contain his excitement (or anger sometimes) and has to squeal it out. This little thing he does reminds me of myself so I guess that's why I love it so much. I have been known to squeal a time or two when I get excited... so when I see him do it, I can't help but smile. It usually starts as a growl and then turns in to a high pitch scream. Now, trying to figure out how to keep him from doing this when we are out of the house will be interesting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan