Slider

traveling with a baby littles.

February 8, 2016

Our traveling routine is definitely different than it used to be. I've always been a big planner and that planning included scheduling every second of a trip with an itinerary, and also creating a wardrobe list for packing, based on the activities that filled our days and nights. Now we are having to take two checked bags, not for my clothes and shoes, but the space needed for diapers and wipes and toys for Solomon to have in the hotel room during the day. HA! Yes, things have changed but they are still so fun and I never want to forget the little moments of traveling with my family of three. It is definitely not boring......

arriving in Chicago and searching for a good brunch spot, Peter was using his phone for google maps to take us to the hotel... I was using my phone to try and find a nice rated restaurant on Yelp... Solomon was filling his diaper and screaming in the back which only made us yell over his screams and the multiple phone directions talking at the same time! It was a little stressful but we made it to a delicious spot just in time for coffee, amazing food and a diaper change; which made all three of us very happy // needing an extra room key on the two days I left the building alone with Solomon, it's hard to remember everything when you have a little person and a big diaper bag // while we were driving in Chicago I realized that Solomon's car seat was not snapped into the base when I reached back to give him a toy. The seat shifted slightly and I said to Peter, "Babe, I don't think he's in here!" he responded with "What?!? I hear him!!" I died laughing and explained what I meant, not that I was accusing him of leaving Solomon on the sidewalk // going through security in Chiago to fly home and the guy working by the scanner screaming the following to the crowd (while looking at me).... No liquids in your bags - I shook my head no, no formula for babies - I shook my head no again, no food of any kind for babies - I simply said nope. He then said "what, are you starving that kid?!? I replied back and said, nope, he gets it straight from the source and pointed at my chest. He replied with, well... Ok then. // the way that Peter uses every opportunity to teach Solomon something, his own special kind of love language, which I'm so thankful for. I love watching them together!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan