Slider

a fun saturday morning.

May 30, 2016


We were pretty excited to go to the Made South event at Taylors Mill on Saturday morning, and it was totally worth the $20 per person to attend. It was a beautiful, sunny morning, and Solomon woke up early enough to have his early morning nap around 9:30, so he was happy and ready to enjoy the day by 11 when he woke up. I love when his naps are timed perfectly, especially when I don't expect it! It was so fun to go and see all the makers and artisans from all over the south. We tasted moonshine, pimento cheese, bbq sauce, liquor and cookies from all the different booths, and after walking through the mill several times, we finally decided which items we wanted to purchase. It was like a Saturday morning market, just way yummier, with pretty creations all around. 


The live music outside was a lot of fun to listen to while we had our food truck lunch! Peter went to scout out the trucks while Solomon had some milk. He came back and told me the options but when he mentioned the hot dog with pimento cheese and bacon I was almost speechless. He said "I figured that's what you'd want!" Well, you figured right, husband! IT WAS SO GOOD. Thanks to the hot weather I also waited in the super long line for a Piper and Leaf tea! It was totally worth the wait and I could have drank a gallon of the amazing Briar Patch Brew. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it, Blackberries, Blueberries, Currants, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Sage, Raisins, Raspberries, Lemon Verbena..... YUM!!!


I'm super bummed we didn't get a picture in the Wunderbus... it was a really neat photobooth van but it was packed when we arrived, and Solomon was napping in his stroller when we were leaving, so we didn't have a chance to check it out. Below is a shot from a chef making food with a lot of the products you could purchase at the booths. The Geechie Grits were the incredible base for the peach chicken awesomeness he made! If my northern born hubby would eat grits I would have bought a bag! However, he did eat the chef demo meal and seemed to really like it so maybe I can sneak some grits into dinner one night! ;)


I can't wait for the next Made South event to come to the upstate, it was such a fun morning!!
Hope you all are enjoying your Memorial Day off! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan