Slider

In The Word // Ephesians 1:18

June 24, 2014

Before we get started today, I wanted to share a little change to our In the Word Tuesday link-up. The link-up will now be called "In the Word Link-up." This will allow you to link up with any of your posts from that week! As before, the content is totally up to you- no prompts. Cassie & I just want to hear how God is working in your heart! The change will take place July 1st!
Spread the word on social media using the tag #inthewordlinkup.



With the busy schedule lately I have been feeling a little drained. I feared it would happen but it wasn't in the way I expected. I have had so much happiness surrounding me in the past couple weeks that I feel like I am coming down from this excitement high. No crashing, but slowly drifting down. Realizing how blessed I am and wanting to acknowledge these blessings.

Whenever I start to feel this way in life I always feel the Lord pulling me. I hear Him saying something like... 
yo, over here. I'm right here. Come to me, I will comfort you.

Isn't that the truth. Sometimes I just want to crawl up in His lap and rest. Sit with Him and turn everything off. 

In those moments I always close my eyes and envision what His peace looks like. Like, the full form of peace in a perfect picture. It always looks like a meadow with a cool breeze blowing through the flowers and those perfect cotton candy painted clouds off in the distance. Quiet and calm, just me and Him.What does it look like to you? Do you ever close your eyes and imagine it? I always tend to do this when I am so tired but it's impossible to sleep like it was on Sunday night when we returned from traveling.

On Monday I was doing some reading and I cam across the bible verse up above. When I read it I felt peace within. Those words are full of light and warmth. It is such a powerful verse. I am His rich and glorious inheritance. ME? This tired human being that's feeling these heavy eyelids and achy back, no way. But I am. I am HIS and that gives me power. That makes this tired soul feel life within. From Him alone. 

His peace. His comfort. All Him in me. That is glorious!

 photo sagetheblogsweetnessitself.png
 
 

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

I envision myself sitting on the top of a mountain alone, just breathing in the fresh air and soaking up His beautiful creation. Love this, Cassie. I need some of that peace. I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed right now.

CassieEliya said...

I love thinking about where we find His peace in physical form!! Praying for you, friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan