Slider

Thanks-Living // November

December 1, 2012

After the recent Thanksgiving holiday it seems right to finish the month with a link up at Top of the Page with Leslie and the “Thanks-Living” posts. I’ve really enjoyed this little wrap up the past couple of months and I know I will enjoy looking back on all these wonderful blessings one day. This month has been pretty nice and I’ve really enjoyed the end of 2012 so far. I honestly can’t believe it will be 2013 so soon.

I’m just going to be honest, when I look back on last years Thanksgiving, it kinda sucked. I wasn't very happy.I remember walking around my grandmother’s house and everyone asking me if I was okay…
“you seem upset?” …. “are you sure nothing is wrong?” …. “you feeling okay?"
After so many questions from everyone I finally confided in my mom and told her that I missed Peter. A lot. Last thanksgiving we had been separated with no communication for 4 months and I was okay for most of it. I had leaned on my relationship with the Lord and my amazing friends to find the strength to move on but with the Holidays approaching I was struggling but now look at where we are. I’m still amazed that things have worked out this way. The whole week of Thanksgiving I wanted to pinch myself. In a lot of ways last year can feel like yesterday which only makes me appreciate where I am right now even more!




While I’m sitting here writing my thoughts the only thing that I can think of is how loving the Lord is. The past year has been in His control, not mine. Not Peter. HIS control. Letting go of that relationship was the hardest thing I’ve ever done but I’m so glad I did because I realized that my relationship with Peter wasn't the most important thing. My relationship with my Maker is what should lead every decision I make and I know that now.

So right now at the end of November and the beginning of December I am thankful for His timing. I’m looking forward to December and the many celebrations ahead but most of all I am excited to celebrate the true reason for the season… a sweet baby boy sent to this world to die for our sins and that is definitely something to be thankful for!!!
I love this time of year! Hello December, I’ve missed you!

topofthepagewithleslie

1 comment:

Leslie @ top of the page said...

Thanks for sharing a bit of your past story in your relationship with Peter. My husband and I had about a year of separation before we got back together and started officially moving towards marriage. It was so so rough. But God was so faithful to me and I learned a lot in that time. So I know the gratitude that comes after a hard season. Bless you guys this year! God is at work and is doing a new thing. Thanks for linking up! Have a good weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan