Slider

we do not lose heart.

December 18, 2012

Most of the weekend and yesterday bloggers were writing about the horrible event in Connecticut. Every time I sit down and start typing about that awful morning I can’t even think of the words to type. My mind goes blank. My heart aches and I lose focus all together.

I have no idea how that town feels right now. I can’t even imagine how the parents, families and teachers are hurting. I don’t have a mother’s heart yet so that part of my identity hasn’t been awaken. So many of the blogs I have read about the shooting are mothers and they all express the pain they would feel if they lost their baby. I know I won’t truly understand that fear until I create that bond with my child when ever God gives me that gift but right now I can’t fathom the heartache those mothers are feeling.

The only thing I can do is pray. pray for the families that lost someone. pray for the students that lost a teacher. pray for the parents that will sit by their tree on Christmas morning with the unwrapped gifts. pray for the family and friends that knew Adam Lanza. pray for the world and the anger that fills it. pray that God will make himself known and by His peace & grace we will survive because it is only through Him that we live at all.

2 Cor. 4:16-18 " Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan