Slider

brunch & ballet

December 12, 2012


First time moments are always exciting especially when you get to share those moments with the woman that raised you. On Sunday I got to go see The Nutcracker with my Mom for the first time!! It was magical and so beautiful… we have always wanted to see this ballet but never had the chance. I guess if we had a bucket list of things to do before I’m married this would most definitely be on it. After a delicious brunch at High Cotton in downtown Greenville we walked over to the Peace Center for a little piece of Heaven.
I grew up dancing and had every intention on dancing the rest of my life, maybe even teaching dance but the Lord had different plans. When I hurt my back the summer before my senior year I was devastated and didn’t understand why God would take away something that I loved so much. Looking back now I’m thankful for that time in my life. He pushed me to find comfort in the unfamiliar and find a new place to fit in. I still miss dancing at times and while I sat there watching the dancers spin and leap so gracefully on the stage I definitely had that feeling. You know…. that feeling when you have blurred vision from watery eyes and forced swallows to try and keep the tears back. Yea, that feeling. The tears I faught back weren't of sadness though, they were tears of joy because I had the chance to witness something so beautiful. Something I used to be apart of. While I stood clapping with everyone at the end of the show I couldn’t help but feel sincere happiness. My love of dance was cut short but I’m so thankful that I had that season in my life at all… I definitely don’t miss the bloody toes or annoying pink tights but I will always look back on those years and remember how much I felt alive. Memories are such a great gift and I’m glad I have mine. I’m also thankful for the new memory made with my Mom on Sunday! I couldn’t imagine having that first with anyone else… after all, she’s the one that sat in the crowd and watched me spin and leap on stage all those years. It only makes sense.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan