Slider

Advent.

December 5, 2012

{From: Lorajeansmagazine.blogspot.com}

I’ve started the new #SheReadsTruth study for December and I’m so excited about it! It’s all about the Advent Season and what that means for us as Christians. This quote was used in the study and I loved it...
“Come thou long expected Jesus,
Born to set thy people free;
From our fears and sins release us;
Let us find our rest in Thee.”
Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus, Charles Wesley


When I read that I couldn’t help but hear one of my favorite songs we sing at church ring through my head. The chorus says this…

i will dwell in the shelter of the most high God
i will rest in the beauty of Your presence
Your faithfulness is a shield and my great reward
i will not be afraid, i will trust in the Lord



Other than a calendar filled with candy waiting for Christmas day I’ve never really thought about the season of Advent until I started this study. Candy is nice but Advent is something more… This is about us waiting on Him. Not only waiting on Jesus to be born but waiting on Jesus to save us from our sin. The sin that will always be in our life making us dirty until we place Him in our heart and He washes us clean. The sin doesn’t go away, but neither does He. He overcomes it. We can dwell in the shelter of the most high God. He is a shield and our great reward.
Yes, I can most definitely dwell in that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan