Slider

Solomon // two + a half.

March 14, 2018


First of all, what an emotional blog post to write. Like, super emotional. My baby, the sweet little boy who made me a mommy, is two and a half today. The statement I live by has never been so true, "the days are long but the weeks are fast!" I'm definitely learning this is even more true as a mommy of two, but I'm trying my best to soak in every second.

There are so many little things that I love about our big boy and I could talk about him for hours. I feel so thankful to be his mommy and spend my days with him. My mother-in-law recently said something to me that I haven't been able to stop thinking about. We were over for lunch one day, and Solomon was being his normal cute self, and she said "you are so lucky, you get to live with him" and it's so true. I am so lucky, and living with Solomon is one of the biggest blessings I've ever experienced. He is such a sweet soul and I pray that he will do so many things for God and His Kingdom one day. I can honestly say that he is one of my favorite people and I genuinely like him as a person. I love him and I like him, which is a really awesome way to feel about your child. I thought it would be sweet to share some of my favorite parts of Solomon for this special post....


It's hard to find a place to start when listing out sweet things about Solomon. He is so silly and sweet and I think he is the perfect little combination of me and Peter. He's hardly ever still and so full of energy but it's one of my favorite parts about him. It can drive me crazy sometimes when I'm trying to put on his shoes or read him a story, but I love that he is full of life. I don't think anyone could ever call him boring, that's for sure.

A few of his favorite things at right now include puzzles (ALL THE TIME!), coloring, eating all day long, watching Puppy Dog Pals, anything to do with Star Wars (especially playing with daddy), spending time outside, making up songs and singing them to himself, playing with his cousins and friends and kissing his baby brother a little too much. If that's possible.


He loves to be on the go and experience new things, but he also loves consistency and repetitive events. I can tell he will love traditions like I do, and I'm looking forward to him helping me keep traditions alive for our family. I really think he is going to be the best biggest brother for our family. I believe the way he already loves and cares for Asher is just the beginning of his heart for this family. Just the other day while he was in the middle of playing with toys, he stopped what he was doing and walked over to Asher and said "I love you baby Asher." Nothing prompted this at all. Asher wasn't crying or making any noise, he was just laying in his rock and play quietly. I wasn't saying anything to either of them, just letting them be quietly on their own for a bit in the living room. The TV might have been on and I was probably looking at my phone, but I'm so glad I didn't miss this moment. It's little things like that moment, that make me love Solomon so much. Not the fact that he was saying I love you to his brother, but the way he does things like this on his own. Not being prompted or told to do it. He loves his little brother so much and I hope that love will only grow stronger. I pray for it to become stronger for his family, but also for strangers and the lost people of this world. I want the Holy Spirit to soften his heart in a way that we never could as his parents, making it soft and moldable, so he will welcome Christ into his heart one day.

I know I have shared a few of the Solomon Says posts recently but, I could never share enough of the little things he says that make me almost burst daily. It's not only what he says, but how he says it, that I love so much. As he's talking he will use his eyes to look around and you can see his wheels turning in his head. It's the neatest thing to have a conversation with him. I love watching him form sentences and learn new things now. The other night at the dinner table, he asked for more water so Peter put some fresh ice and water in his cup. He then looked down in the cup and his eyes looked back at us with his big and excited face and he said, "me got more ices!". Peter and I just smiled and it was so cute to watch him try and use a plural form of ice. I love how his brain is working more than ever and how he can verbalize it now. We may have to remind him to calmly use his words more than ever now, but it is so fun to watch him as he really learning to use his words.

His love of food is another way that he is a lot like his parents! His favorite type of restaurant is a tapas style menu so he can try a lot of different things. He has always been a great eater for us but now that he can vocalize what he wants it's super cute. 90% of the time he requests macaroni and cheese but he will eat almost anything. The other 10% of the time he will request fruit. He almost always has food on his face because of his love of snacks. Taking him out to restaurants is always fun, no matter what kind of food is involved because it's fun to eat with him. I don't know many toddlers that you can say that about, and for that I am extremely thankful! He also loves to sing Happy Birthday all the time in hopes that a birthday cake will appear.



I thought it would be fun to do a little question list with Solomon and see what his answers are. I think it would be so fun to keep up the tradition for every birthday... I love these and the crazy things that kids say!

favorite book // Cat in the Hat
favorite food // Macaroni & Cheese (surprise, surprise!)
favorite song // Jonah & the whale
favorite toy // stickers
favorite thing to do // color

I can't believe our first baby is already two and a half. It's crazy how quickly the years have flown by and I feel like he will be going to high school any day now. But seriously, it has gone by way too fast and I know that it won't slow down. I try my best to soak in every moment and take way too many pictures so I can remember all the little details of our life. I never want to forget what it feels like to hug his little toddler body and hear him say I love you mommy. I can't even think about the day when his perfect little curls are gone (please God, don't let him ask to cut his hair off too soon!!!) and he doesn't skip and hop around everywhere. The only thing that is keeping me sane is knowing that each phase of life is going to be sweeter in some way. Just like each stage of his life so far has been better than the last. I don't even understand how it can get better, but it continues to blow my mind how he can become sweeter and funnier and can I fall more in love with him. He's my baby boy, and he will always be my baby boy. I read a quote on Instagram recently that made me cry big mommy tears that I knew didn't have anything to do with the fourth trimester hormones. They were tears that I would cry many times. Tears for birthdays as my boys get one year older, tears for graduations as they inch a little further from home, tears for their heartaches that I don't have any control over, and tears for a season of life that flew by way too quickly. The quote I read said...

"We have split now, into two, into the milk and the days and long naps, and the tiny parts of you that I can never tire of, will never -- even as you grow and become a man; I will stop you every now and then, touch your hair and cheek and long for the dark nights I thought would never end." 

Those words are the truth. And as you run around the living room right now playing your silly version of Star Wars, I see my little boy. The little boy that has grown from a little baby, and who will grow into a little man, and then a grown man. You are my baby, and my baby you will always be. This morning, after I put your baby brother in his crib, I crawled into the bed beside you while you were still sleeping. I wrapped my arms around you and put my nose into your neck. You were deep in sleep and breathing heavy and I thought about all those nights that I held you until you fell asleep. I don't get to do that lately since your daddy has taken over that task and I miss it so much. As I held you in my arms, I prayed for you. I prayed for your heart to find the Lord, I prayed for you to work hard to be a good person, and I prayed for our family. I love you so much, sweet Solomon. I am so proud of who you have become already, and I can't wait to see who you will become in all our days ahead together! You have changed me and made me a better person, just because of your need for me.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan