Slider

preparation.

December 6, 2017

A little glimpse of Asher's room. I'm so happy with how it's all coming together!

A big part of pregnancy is preparation. The room, all the clothes, what car seat should we depend on, which diapers should we use, picking out a name, what will my birthplan be? So many questions and things to plan ahead for. I love this part of pregnancy since I'm a huge planner and checklist type of person. Thankfully a lot of the questions weren't a problem this time around thanks to it being our second baby. But I have been a little shocked with how different this time around has been.

This pregnancy has been very different than my first. I don't know if it's having a toddler running around, or if it's my body already experiencing this before, but the aches and pains are real. For months, I have felt like I did a couple of weeks before Solomon was born. I can't imagine making it to my due date based on how I feel right now but, we'll have to wait and see when Asher is ready to meet us. One thing that I have been struggling with is preparing for labor. This was a big shock for me. 

As most of you know, my birth story with Solomon (Part 1 Part 2), was such an amazing experience and I've been dreaming about having another baby and going through birth again since that day. One of the reasons I loved birth so much was how close I felt to God. As a believer, I wanted to put all my hope on Him as I pushed through the changes and my body worked to bring my baby into my arms. I also believed that women's bodies were made to do this incredible task, and as long as everything went as planned, I could do it with His help. I wrote more about how God's peace was surrounding me through the process of giving birth to Solomon here

So I was feeling pretty bummed about how my heart was feeling. I think that is why I have been having such a hard time lately, the peace I felt with Solomon had faded some. We have had a hard 5-6 weeks with a cold passing around our house. Add in the way my body is becoming even more uncomfortable, which I didn't think was possible, and you have a very down and worn out momma. We went almost a month without going to church because one of us was sick and we didn't want to spread the germs. A couple of weeks ago we finally made it to church since the runny noses subsided for a couple of days. I was so thrilled! Worshiping at church is one of my favorite things, and I love to prepare for birth by listening to my playlist, which also includes a lot of the songs that we sing at church. As we were singing one of my favorite songs, Great & Mighty King, I could hardly hold back the tears. I've said for a while now that this song is so great for a birth playlist and I could feel God's peace wrapping me up like warm blanket as I sang the words..... 

Your glory fills this place,
we shout unending praise, 
forever hallelujah 
forever hallelujah 

With singing those words I could picture it. Walking around our living room and feeling those contractions that will bring Asher to us. Standing in the shower of the Birthing Center with hot water pouring over my tight stomach. Swaying back and forth on a birthing ball while praying and worshiping the King who gave me this second miracle. All while feeling His glory around me. His glory will fill every place, as long as I let it. 

I now can't wait to experience birth for the second time. I'm ready! I'm excited to rely fully on His presence and glory to bring Asher to us so we can meet him face to face. He is going to be perfect & I thank our loving Father for giving us a second son to add to our family. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan