Slider

something great.

October 11, 2013

{picture taken by one of my "new" cousins //
edit by me using Over & A Beautiful Mess app}


During the end of the wedding planning process I would get this exciting, crazy feeling of anticipation in the pit of my stomach at a meeting or while completing something that needed to be done for the wedding day. I couldn't help it. I never worried about it because it wasn't a bad feeling... it was just a feeling of excitement that I couldn't contain. It was like my heart was so full of love and happiness that it couldn't contain the emotions so it would just flood over into other areas. Butterflies in my stomach, shaking hands, feeling the urge to jump up and down {like that time during our ceremony when Peter was about to kiss me... yes, i jumped up and down in my weding dress in front of everyone, I couldn't help it} or trying to conceal the smile across my face and looking like a complete weirdo... all of those things happened quite frequently and I welcomed them. I knew they were good. I knew those feelings were right. A good anticipation for something you've always wanted is a wonderful thing. 

As I woke up the morning of the wedding I had all those feelings. Heck, as I was trying to fall asleep the night before I had all those feelings. Knowing that when I fell asleep on my wedding night I would be with my husband made me want to run up and down the hall screaming "Woooooo-Hoooooooooooo!!!!". It's so exciting to start this new season of life enjoying new adventures and experiences with such an amazing person. Sitting here thinking about how all my future days will begin and end with him makes me beyond thankful. It makes my eyes well up with tears and my heart pound so loud I can almost hear it in my ears.

As I sit here & really think about it I can't help but pray. Pray to try my best to live out that quote every day. When I wake up I want to anticipate something great. Not something big every day but something great. I pray that our life together will be a happy one. Not perfect but that it will be filled with goodness. I pray to always strive to become a better wife for Peter and never grow tired of loving him and that he will lead our home toward God's will. I pray that our marriage will be working for the Kingdom and not for our selfish, worldly needs so that when people look at our relationship they will see Christ at the center of it. I pray that He will place people in our lives that will pour His goodness into our marriage and our life. I pray for our future family and that their hearts will grow to know the greatest love imaginable. And I pray for our safety in this life ahead and that all of the great blessings we receive will always be accepted and acknowledged as a gift from our great Lord above because He is the greatest blessing of all.

So that is my little "jump back into the blog world" kind of post as a wife. It's been a pretty sweet life of wifey-hood so far and you can bet I have some little posts ahead about our time in California. It really was amazing and I'm so happy I married my best friend. It does make this wife thing a lot more fun, that's for sure! And I'll stop saying wife now... sorry, I'm excited about it. ;-)

2 comments:

Cassie Eliya said...

I have met many women who were about to get married but very, very few who were excited as you were. You truly could not wait to become Peter's wife and that is how it should be. I look forward to watching your future unfold and your love grow even more.

Cassie Eliya said...

You are so sweet!! thank you for the kind words... it was the best day of my life and I can't wait to see all the changes in the next several years now that we are husband and wife. :) so glad you will be around for it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan