Slider

a song.

June 15, 2012


i am waiting on You,
i’m waiting on You.
You say You’re good to those who wait.

my heart’s discouraged,
so i come to You expectant.
You say You’re good to those who wait. 

Lord, today You know what i need to do,
but You can do more in my waiting than in my doing i could do.
so i won’t run anymore. i’m waiting on You.


oh, wretched man that i am!
free me from my distractions.
You say You’re good to those who wait.

then confession and repentance
find me in the quiet.
You say You’re good to those who wait.
now i know You’re good to those who wait.

oh, my soul, wait upon the Lord. keep your lamp filled with oil.
oh, my soul, be not deceived! wait for Him. don’t be quick to leave.
Lord, today You know what i need to do,
but You can do more in my waiting than in my doing i could do.
so i won’t run anymore. i’m waiting on You.

{To Those Who Wait // Bethany Dillon}


The first time I heard this song I got chills. I was sitting in a church filled with people and Bethany Dillon was singing those words on the stage. I remember the tears making my vision blurry. Those words hit me like a ton of bricks because at the time I was struggling. I was trying to be strong. Trying to move on. Trying to figure out how I should move on. I felt completely lost… and those words helped me find a home.

Now when I hear this song I think of the strength I found in that moment. The comfort, safety and warmth I felt in my heart and I knew that all of those feelings came straight from the Lord. I know that I am His child and that peace is like no other feeling I’ve ever felt.

Sometimes waiting is the hardest thing to do but knowing that you are waiting in His presence makes all the difference. You aren’t waiting alone. You aren’t lost. You aren’t weak. You are His.
The best thing I ever did was learn that He can do more in the time I spend waiting at His feet than all of the time I could ever spend stressing and worrying about the little things. Waiting isn’t a bad thing, it’s a crucial part of a Christ centered life and I’m so thankful that the Lord used this song to teach me that 8 months ago.

God, the one and only – I’ll wait as long as He says. Everything I hope for comes from Him, so why not? He’s solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, an impregnable castle: I’m set for life.”
Psalm 62:5-6 // MSG

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan