Slider

Green Thumb.

April 3, 2012


Last night during my quiet time with the Lord I read my daily devotion from Jesus Calling, it said: “I have planted Peace in the garden of your heart, where I live; but there are weeds growing there too: pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief.”

It’s neat to look at our hearts and think of them as God’s beautiful garden. With faith and persistence to make Him a constant part of my daily life my garden will thrive. That’s the only thing I want in my life… to thrive for His Kingdom and not my personal worldly heart.

He is such a loving Maker and wants us to grow and become His beautiful children. I can’t even express in words the affection that He has for me and that is such an amazing feeling. I feel so calm thinking of the light He wants to shine through me every day, giving me peace so I can share His love and devotion.

“You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, His generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus.” 
Philippians 4:19 {MSG}



The picture above is from Saturday when I sat and watched a garden being planted. Let’s be honest, I don’t have much of a green thumb. I've killed a cactus before, along with many other helpless plants, but growth is one of the most beautiful things. I can't help but think that God has the most PERFECT green thumb to prune and shape us. That makes me feel beautiful. I instantly think about one of my favorite David Crowder Band songs…. “A certain sign of grace is this, from a broken earth flowers come up pushing through the dirt”.

Yes, I am thankful today for His mercy and His grace because without it I would be a poor cactus dying with no green thumb to save it.

2 comments:

a m b e r said...

LOVE this post!

Cassie Eliya said...

I was just looking at your blog.... :) I'm planning on an "Attitude of Gratitude" post tonight.
So glad we are friends!! It makes my heart happy! Hope you are doing well, I've been praying for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan