Slider

date nite and some weekend fun!

March 14, 2011

The weekend was so wonderful!!!  It was one of those weekends that you don’t have too much planned but everything happens perfectly. 

Friday night I had a much needed date night with my wonderful Boyfriend.  We went to Bonefish Grill (My first time) and it was scrumptious!!  When we arrived there was a 10-20 minute wait so we headed to the bar for a drink and closed the tab since we weren’t going to wait for long.  On the receipt from the drinks was note to take a survey online for a free appetizer of Bang Bang Shrimp.  

If you have never tried the app you seriously have to go TOMORROW and have it!  After completing the survey 20 minutes later (it was pretty long) we had the code for the free app and we were STILL waiting.  After Peter went to check on our table we found out they forgot about us but we weren’t too upset since we had the time to complete the survey for some yummy, FREE Bang Bang Shrimp!


For my meal I had an amazing filet and a lumpy, chunky crab cake with some crisp French green beans!  SO good!


We had such a great night and wrapped it up with watching Due Date at Peter’s… it was definitely funny but I didn’t laugh as much as I thought I would.  Gotta love some Robert Downey Jr. though! 



Saturday was a FABULOUS day!  It was gorgeous outside!!!  I woke up in a wonderful mood and headed straight to the gym.  I am in LOVE with Saturday morning workouts!  They just start my weekend in a wonderful, happy, healthy way.  After heading home and getting ready for the mall I met my “Shopping Sister” AKA Madison... she is the BEST shopping buddy I’ve ever had! ...even if she did spend 30 minutes in Victoria’s Secret smelling every single scent at least 20 times.  I had found my 3 for $15 deal, waited through the line and she was STILL not finished.  But that’s okay; I forgave her since she helped me find the perfect pants after I tried on at least 10 pair.  I guess we are even. 



That night Peter, Katie, Cody, Madison and I went to Jocie’s church for a Not For Sale benefit concert.  I had heard about the group before because Peter has a book he bought last year but it’s still so devastating.  Seriously, once you know the facts its heart breaking.  The bands were awesome too!  We got to see The Museum and Rapture Ruckus, both great but very different!! Peter and I got an awesome shirt that was only $20 and every penny went straight to Not For Sale and I can’t wait to wear mine.

Please take some time to check out the website.  We can never change the world if we don't know the darkness that's living in it.  



Sunday was also gorgeous and I woke up late which only left me 30 minutes to get ready for church.  I would usually decide to blame it on the time change and chose sleep over church but I couldn’t yesterday.  I was ready for some Jesus time so I willingly got up and rushed to get there.  The service was so great.  We are still in 1 Corinthians and as most of you know I love it!  During the Worship at the end of the service this verse was shown on the screens: 


Psalm 17: 6-7
I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray.  Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways.  By your mighty power you rescue those who seek refuge from their enemies.





That just punched me in the gut!!  I am so thankful to have a heavenly Father that will listen, love, and rescue!  

Hope you all had a wonderful, blessed weekend!!!  Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan