Slider

A Bunch of Frames on a Wall.

February 26, 2014

One of the scariest endeavors with home decor so far has been the dreaded frame gallery. From the beginning of the house plans I knew the perfect spot for a bunch of framed pictures but I didn't know where to start. What frames do I use…? How do I decide on the pictures…? What design do I need to use for the frames…? Oh man, it was overwhelming.
After some researching on what type of feel and design I wanted I found a few styles I was hoping to recreate.
 Here are the steps I used to complete the wall:
1// select the number of frames and the different sizes needed
2// pick the pictures/prints for each frame while laying them out on the floor to position them in the design you like
3// outline the frames on newspapers and cut them out and then tape them to the wall to confirm the frame sizes and locations
4// once you are happy with the result nail the holes in the right areas and remove the newspaper
5// hang frames and enjoy

**Just a few tips to make the job a little easier... when I try to locate the right spot for the nails I always use a little dab of toothpaste on the back of the frame where the nail should go and then line up the bottom of the frame to the newspaper and press the top of the frame against the wall. This will make the perfect mark for the nail so you won't have to make any guesses. **




see the DIY prints I made here here
and the frames were all purchased at Ikea and are the RIBBA series

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan