Slider

Dust and Ash

November 2, 2012

With this extra cold chill breezing through Greenville it’s obvious that November has seemed to make itself at home. Can’t say that I mind… coats, boots, scarves and crunching leaves are always fine by me!! I’m trying to take moments to breathe and recollect myself before the crazy holiday season begins. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it which always means Christmas is right around the corner. This time of year is always the calm before the storm for me which is ironic with the crazy storm attacking the North recently.

We haven’t heard any bad news about Peter’s family members that live in New Jersey and New York. Just some power outages but nothing too significant which we can only thank the Lord for.
I continue to pray for the families that haven’t been so lucky and hope they know that God really is in control and He is always there to lean on. I think that’s one of the hardest parts about tragedy… finding God at the center of it. People can feel hurt and abandoned so easily but reaching out and finding our Savior with them too is something I’ve thankfully never had to do.

I can’t help but think of Job and all that he lived through…
In Job 42, he replied to the Lord:
“I know that you can do anything and no one can stop you.
You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I – and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me.
You said, ‘Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.’
I had only heard about you before but now I have seen you with my own eyes.
I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.”
V 1-6 NLT

I would hope that I would stay faithful to the Lord in any hard time but I’m only human.
I’m just a sinner that makes mistakes and falls but He is always willing to pick me up out of the dust and ash once I have come to Him in repentance. His love is always faithful and true even when I am not.

My heart goes out to the families that are going through this hard time of loss and destruction and I continue to pray that they know of His love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan