Slider

Asher // eight months.

August 29, 2018


Hello Squishy!

That is your official nickname now. So many people call you that, and I kind of love it. Especially when your big brother calls you squishy and squeezes your cheeks. He’s getting better about how hard to pinch them, thankfully! He also calls you buddy all the time now since I tend to call you and your brother that all the time. If you are crying, he will so gently say, “it’s ok buddy! Don’t cry, buddy.” It kills me, and I really hope and pray you guys will be the best buds ever.

Solomon asked to take pictures with you and I couldn't say no... just the way you look at him. Kills me every single time. 

When I hold you at night, rocking you to sleep before I lay you down in your crib, I notice how big you have become! Your head is pressed tightly under my chin and your body is pressed against my stomach while your legs are on either side of my own legs and are now bending to sit in this position to sleep. You are no longer a baby. I have felt this way for a while now, but all the signs are truly their now. You are closer to your first birthday, than the day you first arrived. You are getting bigger by the day and it makes my heart ache a bit. To see the past eight months gone, it is such a bittersweet feeling. Those eight months of changes and growing and laughter and love, they made me a better person, and you have taught me so much already. I can't imagine what else we will learn together.


You looooove eating. I mean, we all know this is true (#rollsfordays), but you are the cutest thing while you are eating at the table with us. All I have to do now is ask if you are hungry, then you start smacking your tongue and your lips with excitement!! You open your mouth wide like a baby bird waiting for each bite. A few weeks ago, you opened your mouth three times in a row for more peas without even trying to swallow the bites you already had in your mouth. It’s so sweet to watch you. You also make this loud humming sound if I start to eat my food and stop feeding you. Trust me, baby boy, I won’t forget you!!!


Another thing you are loving is music!! In the car, on my phone during the day, or even on the tv. Whenever music comes on you stop what your doing and put all your attention on the sound and then you start to bob up and down. Your little dance to any tune is the cutest thing, I love it!! We are definitely a music loving family, but I’m hoping you or your brother will learn to play an instrument, unlike your daddy and I. That would be a lot of fun!!


We are heading into my favorite month, and I’m so excited to share it with you. Last year, I had a very round belly during all the fun fall activities, but this year you are here with us to enjoy it. I can’t wait to have another little pumpkin to love on. Apple picking, cool mornings at Swamp Rabbit, pumpkin patches and planning Halloween decorations, all of it is going to be so fun with one more little guy in our arms.

We sure do love you!!



stats //  27.1 lbs & 28 inches

eating // thanks to some cutting teeth (both lateral incisor & now his right center incisor), he has been comfort nursing a lot more, which I don't mind at all. I missed his nursing since he was more interested in food recently. He still loves food though!! Eating banana in bites now instead of mashed, loves strawberries and oatmeal, and still a huge fan of peas. 

sleeping // it's funny how quickly sleep habits can change with a baby!! He is still only having two naps a day, but they have switched to no morning nap and then a late afternoon nap. His sleeping at night has become drastically better, also! Praise Jesus, I'm just hoping that the new tooth cutting now won't change that!

wearing // all 18-24 month clothes now. 18 month still fits very well but I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do about pants for the fall/winter. Because of his butt and legs, he needs 2T bottoms, so I'm probably going to need to have all of his pants hemmed. HA! 

firsts // army crawling and moving so much, so many fun places like Kangaroo Jax (which included his first merry go round), and the Children's Museum, waving at everyone, and he cut both lateral incisor teeth & trying to cut his right center incisor now.

favorite things // clicking his tongue and cheesing at everyone, sophie the giraffe which we have named georgie because we don't want him to bite a sophie since he has a cousin named sophie (HA!), going on walks, splashing in the bathtub, pulling mommy's hair and daddy's beard/chest hair which is NOT fun for us, and also LOVES to chew on any cords/paper he can find.

& after we were finished with pictures I said let's go downstairs, then Solomon said "what about you mommy?? I take it!" so of course I had to do it. Sweet boys, I am so crazy about you both! I sent these pictures to your Gigi to show her and she replied back to me saying "What a sweet life you have!!!" and she is so right. So much sweetness that I do not deserve, but I am so thankful for it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan