Slider

Soup to Salad!

April 24, 2013

A couple weeks back I shared my Fiesta Chicken Soup recipe for a cold night but now with the warmer weather on the way and the beautiful nights I’m not really craving a hot soup. Of course since I have a serious problem, I crave Mexican food every day… it can be a serious problem since most of the options aren't particularly healthy. After thinking about that delicious soup I thought it might be nice to have a summer twist to it and make it into a salad. I also love using the Crockpot to make meals which makes this recipe super easy!!



Directions:
pour enough salsa in the Crockpot to cover the bottom of the bowl
{I use the large jar of garlic lime salsa from Wal-Mart, super cheap and super yummy!}
put however many chicken breasts you will need in the Crockpot
add the rest of the salsa on top of the chicken
 turn on Crockpot to cook for 6-8 hours or the low setting if you are letting it cook all day
{I usually do this in the morning before I go to work so it will be ready when I get home}
after the cooking is completed the chicken will be tender and super tasty
take two forks and shred the chicken while stirring all of the salsa and chicken together
fill a bowl full of romaine lettuce
add ½ cup of drained and rinsed black beans
add ½ an avocado
add 1 teaspoon of jalapeños
{or tablespoon if you like it spicy like me!}
sprinkle ¼ cup of 2% fiesta blend cheese
place about a palm full of chicken on top of your salad
add 1 tablespoon of sour cream for the dressing
squeeze a lot of lime on top for an extra kick and enjoy


I love this healthy version of a taco salad! If you want to have a little more carbs you can always use brown rice instead of lettuce to have a tasty rice bowl. The rice bowl is also a great option to use the leftovers for lunch. I hope you all are having a wonderful week and hopefully you will love this Fiesta Chicken Salad as much as I do. I seriously wanted to lick my bowl when I was finished!! It would have been even better with a cold margarita but I'll save that for a weekend treat! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan