Slider

pizza, pizza!

April 17, 2013

Sometimes you just need pizza… right? I know I do. My mom came up with this super easy and healthy recipe for a healthy pizza at home! Its really simple and you can change anything to match your taste and fix that craving you might have.


 
Directions:
cut the whole wheat pita pocket in half making two small pizza crusts
spread two table spoons of your favorite pizza sauce on the two crusts
{i used my favorite roasted red pepper pesto sauce instead}
layer all the toppings you desire
{i used some left over baked chicken, jalapeño and sweet peppers}
sprinkle a  1/4 cup of low-fat cheese on the two pizzas
place in a toaster oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly
remove from oven and serve with a small salad and low-fat dressing










Toasty, crunchy and gooey yumminess that is also a healthy option! Hope you all have fun trying out different combinations and creations!! If you find one you love leave a comment and let me know so I can try it out also!!

I'm also thinking about making this a weekly occurance. A healthy recipe that is fast and yummy might be nice around here, ya know?
Happy Humpday Everyone!

2 comments:

Cassie Marshall said...

Yum!

Teresa said...

You have a very smart mom! I love this idea Meg and I will have to give it a try this weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan