Slider

Mmm, mmmm good!!!

April 8, 2013

Sometimes on a cold rainy day you just need some soup. Especially when this cold rainy day falls right in the middle of a beautiful spring week and for that reason my body needed some soup last Thursday. Over the past month I have been more careful about the food I eat and trying to stay more active. Thankfully I have had some great results and I’m sure I will be sharing more about that a little later down the road but for today I am going to share one of my most favorite soup recipes.  It always hits the spot and with my love of Mexican food it settles those cravings in a healthy way!

Directions//
Put the 10 oz can of chicken in a pot
Add 32 oz carton of 100% fat free, low sodium chicken broth
Add one can of Rotel
Stir and blend, place lid on pot
Wait for soup to boil
Add two handfuls of brown rice
Stir and blend, place lid on pot then remove from heat for 5-6 minutes or until rice is cooked
Squeeze juice from one lime and stir
Spoon soup into bowl
Add half of a sliced avocado
Sprinkle a small handful of low fat shredded cheese and as much cilantro as desired
Add one spoon of fat free sour cream
Now eat it all up and enjoy


This recipe makes two servings and for you calorie counting friends out there you will be happy to know that one bowl of this delicious soup is only 505 calories! Super easy, super yummy & super healthy! enjoy!! xo

1 comment:

a m b e r said...

YUM! gonna have to try this for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan