Slider

Ummm.... No, thanks!

April 26, 2011


As I mentioned yesterday, I was planning on giving you an update on the “detox”
………well, it didn’t happen! 

I woke up this morning feeling a little achy for some reason but didn’t really think anything of it.  I drank the first detox drink which consists of:

1 cup of water
1 Tsp Psyllium Husk powder
1 Tsp Bentonite Clay

Psyllium and Bentonite clay don't mix well with water, so shake up the mixture for a few seconds then quickly drink it before it settles.
Drink another extra large glass of water immediately after.
Both these ingredients are great for detox. The Bentonite clay soaks up toxins, and the Psyllium pushes waste matter out through your colon.
(From thecandidadiet.com)

I knew it was going to be tough, especially since I would have to drink THAT 3 times a day for 7 days but I thought I could do it.  I guess all the achy feelings I had this morning was due to my sore throat that started around 11. 

By that time I had already taken one detox drink and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be but I guess it didn’t help with the aches.  It only took 20 minutes after the drink to start having the chills, which is common.  By 12 my throat felt like I was swallowing knives and I had two blisters on my bottom lip… which ALWAYS happens when I get sick!  Apparently my body doesn’t react to sickness with a fever… just a few fever blisters.  Tons of fun, I know.  (Sidenote: One time in middle school I had 8 blisters on my lips and 9 in my mouth all from strep throat… it was torture!)

So, for right now I am going to give the detox a break and try it again in the future when I’m not coming down with some kind of funk.  I’m sure its only allergies so taking all my vitamins and drinking plenty of water as usual with hopefully help.  I also think that a less intense detox would be better so I will do some research on that.  If anyone has any advice I would definitely appreciate it!  

I guess I will spend the rest of tonight sitting on the couch, cuddled up with the pup and blanket while I sip on some hot tea while reading Something Borrowed.  Sounds perfect to me!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan