Slider

FAVORITE!!!

April 24, 2011

Yes...... Easter is my MOST favorite Holiday!!!

Not because of the pretty eggs.  Not because of the Easter Bunny and sweet surprises in an Easter basket.  Not because of the new pretty dress you buy every year.  Not because of the TONS of food you eat without any second thought.  

I love Easter because it’s about Jesus Christ and His victory over death.  His resurrection proving that everything He taught and preached was the truth.  Easter is about hope, love and faith. 

Today's service at church was wonderful!!  The message was perfect and there was also 10 baptisms during the service.  I love how Grace does baptisms because they show a little video of each person explaining what baptism means to them.  I always have some tears because it's such a sweet moment.  

I wasn't expecting the baptisms today but I thought it was the PERFECT way to celebrate Easter.  At the end of the service the following bible verse was said and I think it's the best way to explain the meaning of Easter...

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. 


When Jesus died on that cross he didn't die for HIS sins... he died for OUR sins.  That's why I love Easter so much.  I know I don't deserve an everlasting life but all because of His undying love I can have one.  Now that is something worth celebrating & I hope everyone else enjoyed their beautiful Easter Sunday!!   



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan