Slider

let's be real.

June 3, 2015

There are many aspects to this pregnancy thing and you can prepare as much as you wish, but there are still moments when you think, what the heck?!? I thought I would share some of those moments with you for fun. All of these little things took me by surprise and so I give them to you, in hopes that they might not surprise you one day!



// my shirts are always dirty
This one totally surprsied me but, I find left over food on the top of my belly ALL THE TIME. Salsa, pop-tart crumbs, something crusty that you have no idea what it could possibly be?? Anything. It never fails, I don't even think to put shirts back in the rotation to get a second wear because they all have to go straight to the laundry thanks to the mess. And also thanks to the next little surprise....

// keep deoderant with you at all times
when they say that you may sweat more than normal they mean, that you will smell more than usual. For the sake of all those around you, keep deo in your purse and carry it with you everywhere so you are prepared!!
Also, be preapared to explain your reasoning for applying deoderant before bed at night when your husband asks "why are you doing that?", tell him it is for HIS benefit and to just go with it.  

// pregnancy brain is a real thing
I didn't really believe in this until it started happening to me. Not just simple things that I forget (because let's be honest, that's normal!) but the whole forget what you are saying while you are saying it, that is weird! And doing bizar things for no reason like, walking around the island in your kitchen several times before you remember what you were doing. So, so weird!

// make sure you always have a snack in your purse
You never know when you will feel like you haven't had a meal in over a week. It is CRAZY. This tends to always happen to me at church on Sunday mornings and I regret the mornings that I didn't pack a larabar just in case. 

// people stop looking at your face
yep. I had no idea this would happen.... I mean, I knew that people would check out my belly but when I walk in the room or walk by someone that I know at work and I get a hello or a hi to my belly, and not my face, well, it's just odd. I wanna say, yo! My face is up here!!!! But, instead, I just say hello back and smile. 

Anything that took you by surprise??
Share your funny stories, I'd love to hear them!

7 comments:

Ally Harding said...

So the need for more deodorant just started for me and it caught me off guard! I wear deodorant daily obviously but the other day I smelt myself! So gross!! So I guess to start carrying around deodorant in my purse! Thank you hormones!

CassieEliya said...

seriously, go ahead and start putting it on at night before you go to sleep also!!! ;) the things we do for our little angels, right?

Cassie Lee said...

Hahahah this is bizarre but thanks for sharing these. I think we get caught up in the "fun" (for lack of better words) parts of pregnancy which isn't bad but I think it gives women unrealistic expectations about things like this that also happen! Thanks for the laugh :)

socalledhomemaker said...

Ugh, I hated being pregnant, so I can totally relate to it not always being fun! It's all so true!

CassieEliya said...

You are welcome!!! haha, it is funny to think about all these weird quirks that your body goes through during this season of life!

CassieEliya said...

Thankfully I've really enjoyed it but, it is still interesting to see all these crazy changes!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh. My husband keeps making fun of how dirty my shirts are! haha. Food just drops there and stays there. Too funny. Glad I'm not alone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan