Slider

Solomon Says // 006

February 18, 2019


I've been keeping track of some silly things that Solomon has said for the past couple of months and they all make me laugh. He is such a funny kid and we never know what he's going to say next! I can't believe he will be three and a half so soon. Half a year of the crazy threes.... six months left till he's officially four. I've heard something magical happens then, and the melt downs slow down, and your kid becomes a little more normal. If there is such a thing as a normal child?!? Either way, he sure is special, even if he's a little crazy sometimes! Here are a few things that he's said, that I want to always remember!!!


back scratches // most nights, daddy puts Solomon to sleep, while I put Asher to sleep. Usually once I'm finished with Asher, Solomon is already snoozing in his bed, but sometimes he waits for me to say goodnight. On the rare occasion that I go in his room, he always asks me to scratch his back and sing him a song. A few weeks ago, I did the whole routine... scratching, sing three songs and say goodnight. Once I was finished and downstairs with Peter, I asked him if he has to scratch Solomon's back when he does his nightly routine with him. He said no, because Solomon told him he scratches too hard. Flash forward to a couple of weeks when Peter was out of town for work. Gigi came over (like she always does when Peter's out of town, because she is AWESOME!) and after Asher was asleep, I went in to check on Solomon since he was still awake. He asked for me to scratch his back so I did.... he then said Daddy can't scratch his back and I asked why, he then said, "Daddy hurts me because he has big hulk hands!" It was so funny!!! I asked Peter if he knew anything about his Hulk Hands and he said that was a first and he was never told that before.


morning dream // on a random weekday morning, Solomon woke up and excitedly said “let’s go see the snow!!!” He then ran over to the window and said “oh no, it all melted!!” Peter and I died laughing but my heart also broke for him a little bit.


this much // for a really long time, Solomon has been saying be loved GiGi and Daddy and Asher and pretty much anyone “this much” with his arms reached out as far as he can, which is so sweet. He also started to say that he loves mommy “this much” but only shows about an inch between his thumb and finger. The first time he did it, we all laughed but of course I wanted to die a little inside ;) now, months later, he still does it all the time. Just recently, while he was sitting on the potty and I was talking to him, he did the whole thing like always. Daddy, GiGi, Asher, this much with his arms wide open..... mommy, this much with just his fingers. I told him that made me sad and he said why?? I said that means hardly anything at all. I then showed him with my fingers shut was nothing, and the the inch apart was barely anything. He smiled and said no mommy, I love you more than the whole world! However, he still only uses his fingers when he shows me how much, so I give up. 


bee talk // a few weeks ago while we were learning about the letter B, we were talking about bees. We went for a walk to try and find some bees but didn't have much luck. I then told Solomon that it wasn't quite time for bees yet since it wasn't spring. He said "yea, bees are having their quiet time!" haha, funny and true, I guess. He told Peter later that night at dinner that we couldn't find any bees because it wasn't spring yet and they were having their quiet time.


look alike // a commercial came on the tv last week and a guy with dark hair and a beard was talking, then he said “hey, that looks like Peter!” I said who?!? And he said “you know, Peter, my daddy!” He was so matter of fact, which made me giggle!!

1 comment:

Julie | A Hopeful Hood said...

Oh man, these are adorable and I can't even! I haven't entered the meltdowns-at-3-stage yet with Aiden but it's good to know that the almost 4 stage is when it might let up ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan