Slider

fall festival & the 1800's.

November 13, 2018


Over the weekend, we realized that we didn't have any plans on Saturday morning, so we were excited to have a family fun day. I love when Peter and I get to take the boys out to do something fun, just the two of us. It's so nice to create new memories with them. I recently told Peter that I love parenting with him, and it's true. He balances me so well, and that shows when we are out and about as a family. We decided to head over to Roper Mountain Science Center to check out the Fall Festival for their November Second Saturday. This is our second time checking out the Second Saturday events and I loved it. You can really tell how much time and effort they put into the events, and that is something to appreciate! Roper Mountain also has a really neat Living History Farm that instantly takes you back in time. It's so fun to walk around and check out all of the buildings, garden and animals. Thankfully it was a BEAUTIFUL morning and the weather was absolutely perfect for a Fall Festival.

The garden that they have at Roper Mountain is what I would love to have in our back yard. Maybe one day, we will have the time and energy to make it look like theirs, cause we definitely don't now! 

While walking through the garden, I asked Solomon to turn around and smile, since this vine was so beautiful. He stopped and posed just like this and said cheese. Man, he kills me!! 

This guy made little figures with tin and it was fun to hear him talk about how big of a passion he has for his job. He travels around all over sharing his craft and it was interesting to watch him. Solomon wanted to take one home! 

Just chillin in his stroller, waiting for a nap! 

Milking a cow with my boy! I couldn't resist since I have felt like a cow for most of the last 3 years, ha! I also couldn't get over how gorgeous the real cow was in the barn. 

This little band played some beautiful music! 

This guy's outfit was my favorite!! He was a Cooper and it was really interesting to hear him talk about all the fun things he makes with wood. 

Such a fun morning with my guys!! Then we all went home and crashed for our afternoon nap, exactly what great Saturdays are made of, am I right?!?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan