Slider

when you ask God for something... you get it

June 26, 2013

A little over a month ago I was presented with an opportunity and at the time I didn't really think much of it. Almost two months ago I started the Ezer study at my church and I remember praying and asking for God to open doors that will give me a chance to become an Ezer and learn from a new experience. It wasn't until last week that I realized just how He had answered my prayers.
The opportunity that sort of fell in my lap wasn't anything too serious. I didn't even think it was a chance for growth at first but soon after I realized this change could be a good one, so I decided to pursue it. I went full force with my heart and felt positive about this chance and honestly felt very optimistic about it also. Then there was the wait period that was not fun… it seemed to take forever for a decision to be made but I was right at the end of my Ezer study so I tried to focus on that. Putting my energy and my thoughts on Him and not myself but still going out of my way to be a helper to those around me and trying to be patient.
Last week a decision was made and it wasn't the one I was hoping for. It burned. It made me a little bit sad, a little big angry and a little bit relieved. It wasn't until I actually heard the news that I realized this was the door opened for me. This was my chance to grow and to learn how to be an Ezer even when it wasn't expected of me. To step up and help others during a very busy season of my life purely because that is what I am called to do. I was sharing the news with my Ezer Group and I typed this…
 I do wish it would have worked out but I have a sneaky feeling that the Lord was trying to teach me something instead. The way He shows us love and allows us to grow within His love always amazes me.
And it’s true. We are safe within His love and we will be taken care of. As long as I’m living my life to glorify Him and not myself I know that the outcome will be okay. I will grow and I will be able to step back and look at the big picture that he arranged before me and honestly, that is the most important part about this journey. Being able to step back and see what the Lord has done.
**I'm also linking up for the first time with The Wiegands blog. 
I thought this was a perfect post to share my heart. If you have never read Casey's blog I would hop on over, it is such a wonderful read and a beautiful family! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan