Slider

Asher // Fourteen Months.

March 4, 2019


Another month of our happy Asher!! There are so many little parts of his personality that are showing more and more now, that seriously make me want to eat him up. He is the sweetest little thing, but still so full of fire. It's a tricky combination, but it's definitely never boring. Seeming to be a true second child, but I wouldn't want him any other way. We are in the phase of toddler-hood when babies change and adapt so quickly. All the little ways that he has changed since last month is so crazy to me. I try my best to not compare Solomon and Asher, but I can't help notice how much more of a baby Asher seems. Solomon was already running around by this age, and talking a lot, too. I know a lot of this is the difference of a first child and second child obviously, since Asher doesn't get nearly as much one on one attention. BUT, I do not hate it one bit... I absolutely love that he feels like my baby still, and not a full on toddler like Solomon did. Their personalities are so different, and Asher is definitely a momma's boy, and I will soak it in!!! 

peek-a-boo, still his favorite!

Always begging for food!!

  • Seems to officially decided to be a co-sleeper, which I am not fighting one bit. Some may thing that this a step backwards from his crib sleeping, but I'm loving it!! 
  • Unfortunately, this also means that he won't go to sleep for anyone other than me, which makes date nights tricky now. This all started when he entered his 9th leap (Wonder Weeks) so I'm hoping things will adjust back, and he will comply to his bedtime routine with others, once this leap is over. 20 days left. HA!
  • Cutting his first (maybe several, can't really tell for sure) molars, which seems super early but apparently I forgot which order teeth came in for babies?? Either way, it sucks and I hate teething so much. 
  • Loves hugs, kisses and cuddling in general; which I absolutely love.
  • So obsessed with his brother and wants to copy everything he does. He wants what he eats, tries to eat it the same way, wants to play with what he is playing with, and do what he does. The level of concentration he has while watching Solomon is adorable!
  • He is loving his midday nap, usually from 1-3 each day, and going to bed between 8-9. It's nice to have a reliable schedule with him, and he definitely thrives with it. 
  • Enjoying books and will crawl over to them whenever he is bored with toys, which I think is so sweet!! Also enjoying TV more than his brother ever did (second child problems!) and cries for me to turn on the TV more than I care to admit. HA!
  • Almost walking, I feel like I've been saying this for over a month now, but he's definitely taking his time. He has no desire to walk more than 3-5 steps at a time, since crawling is so much faster. 
  • Peek-a-boo is still his favorite thing, and also how I get most of his smiles for pictures. He just can't get enough of peek-a-boo. 
  • Not super verbal, but responds more with head nods and pointing. He does love saying da-da, bye bye and barking non stop for any dog (or animal) he sees. 
Sweet boy looking so cute in his shirt from Diana Basna Art, such a perfect gift!

1 comment:

Julie | A Hopeful Hood said...

Hope he starts sleeping for others so you have a guilt-free date night! :) 14 months is SO fun!!!! Emma walked at 10 months which was SO weird for me because Aiden didn't walk til almost 18 months. Crazy how different each kid can be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan