Slider

Measurement.

October 28, 2010


“It’s difficult to understand the sum of a persons life, some people would tell you it’s measured by the ones left behind, some believe it can be measured in faith, some say by love, other folks say life has no meaning at all… Me, I believe you measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you.”

I read this quote today on someone’s Facebook status and loved it!  It made me think though… I can count a few people that I measure myself by.  All my closest friends and of course my wonderful boyfriend but do they measure themselves by ME?  I want to be worth measuring!! 

I’ve been struggling lately with someone that I used to call a friend.  No, we don’t have really ANYTHING in common but I did consider her a friend.  A conversation we had changed everything… it wasn’t a serious conversation, just a joking around chat and everything was blown out of proportion.  Since then I’ve been nice… said hello to her when I see her, ask her how she’s doing, I’ve been trying to put it past us but she hasn’t let it go.  It’s been almost a month now since the initial conversation happened and I have apologized before.

After reading that quote I realized that I can be nice and polite like the Godly woman that I hope to be but that doesn’t mean that I have to try and be her friend.  I don’t measure myself by her.  She doesn’t measure herself by me.  Life is busy and life is short… I want to surround myself with people that I want to measure myself by, people that inspire me to be a better person and people that shine God’s light wherever they go! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan