Slider

Pregnancy Post // months one & two.

September 6, 2019

It's so surreal to be tracking these details again and writing one of these posts. I just want to pinch myself sometimes, but then I realize how nauseous I feel most of the time, and I know it's really happening. I've never been so thankful to feel so awful. I'm praying constantly for this little babe, and literally can not wait till late October to find out if another boy will join our family, or if we are all going to be shocked to get a girl. My bets are on boy, just based on how I've been feeling and the things I'm craving, but we'll see! I can't wait!! 

Because I have been feeling so rough, I've been slack on photos. And let's be honest... I'm also chasing after two crazy boys, so I forget!! But, I am making more of an effort now, so the coming months will hopefully step up a bit! 


4 weeks:
  • found out I was pregnant the day before I was four weeks after a crazy night of dreams, one being me taking a test and seeing a positive line. I had been testing for the last couple of weeks hoping for a positive but gave up on Friday the 5th of July since it seemed like my window was finally gone for a positive test. I was still feeling off during the week ahead but I kept thinking it was in my head. Then, one week later, on Friday the 12th of July I got that light pink line! I was so confused and excited. 
  • coffee tastes like an ashtray, which is so sad. 
  • near the end of four weeks, some light nausea started. 
^ 5 week belly....
shocked at how round this belly is so early, 
granted this was at the end of the day after dinner. 
plus, these two with me in this photo is perfect!!!
5 weeks: 
  • so. tired. surviving on naps during the day and really weird dreams all night long. 
  • trying my best to get out of the house so I won't sit around all day. 
  • no food aversions yet and only enjoying ice coffee with a lot of vanilla creamer.

6 weeks:
  • sweets are a no go, especially ice cream but snacking on grapes and fruit are still good. 
  • starting to crave nachos of any kind.... yum!
  • trying to find energy to prepare for our homeschooling year starting in September and hoping I feel better by then. 
^ middle of my 7th week....
woke up with this belly on 8/13, so happy!
7 weeks:
  • nausea is much worse and changes daily so it's very unpredictable. I never know if it is going to be mornings, afternoons or evenings... or even all day long. Every day is different. 
  • had our first ultrasound on 8/6 and found out we were 7w3d. Since my positive test was so late, we weren't sure when we conceived and definitely needed an early dating ultrasound. 
  • diffusing a lot of peppermint to make it through the day. 

^ a couple days before 9 weeks....
Mom took this at the game on 8/15 and had to crop it 
for FB since we hadn't announced the news yet.
8 weeks: 
  • craving mexican food but still nauseous no matter what I eat. Feel great as I'm eating but then 20-30 minutes later I feel so sick. 
  • dealing with a small summer cold and trying to rest/sleep as much as I can. 
  • salads are so good right now, but chicken is a definite no, unless it's fried chicken. 
  • went to Atlanta for the Jets game and survived a lot of walking and heat, despite the bad nausea and lack of sleep. 
  • we missed restaurant week, which NEVER happens, so I'm clearly pregnant and feeling like poop. ha!

1 comment:

Julie | A Hopeful Hood said...

You look amazing!! I can totally relate to being thankful for feeling so awful; it's nice to have the reassurance that baby is growing before you can actually FEEL the baby moving!

Getting a bump photo with your boys is such a great idea for marking the passage of time!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan