Slider

Solomon // three years.

September 13, 2018


Birthday eves are always so hard for me. I look at all the MANY photos from the year leading up to another year older, which always leads me into the rabbit hole of the pictures from the years before. I remember so many little details and then realize I've already forgotten so much. It is all so bittersweet. This past year has been a big one for Solomon. It has been full of change in so many ways and I love the little man that he is evolving into.

Peter and I were talking last night about how sweet and kind he is. How his heart is so good and he's such a lovable boy. Like all toddlers, he has his moments, but most of the time he is such a joy to be around. I'm starting to see all the little things that make him Solomon, and I love them all. Even the tricky parts that make some days seem long, I'm proud of who he is becoming. I'm thankful for the Solomon I see when he doesn't see me watching. The sweet and loving brother, the funny and silly cousin & the always adventurous almost three year old. 

Three, wow.... I can't believe I will have a three year old tomorrow. I really can't wait to see what the next year will bring for Solomon. I pray that his heart will grow and evolve into an even better person, and that he will learn more about Christ and His love for us. I truly believe that the whole reason he was given to us, was so we could teach him and show him how wonderful our Lord is, so that we can give him back again. I know that God will do big and amazing things with his life, and I'm so thankful that we get to be a part of that. Now for some little details about Solomon at 3 years old!

eating // he has definitely become a little more picky, but will still try almost anything. Loves pasta, beef, liking chicken finally, asparagus, any kind of fruit, chips and salsa, and of course peanut butter and honey sandwiches like daddy! We are thankful that he is still brave when it comes to trying new foods

sleeping // the sleep changes in the past year have been incredible! It's kind of funny how it used to stress us out, but now he just gets it. I'm really PRAYING that will be the case with the potty some day soon!!! Still napping most days, but can handle no nap if we are busy. 

wearing // all 3T thanks to a big growth spurt he recently had. I didn't realize it until I tried on some of his fall clothes from last year that are all too small. I'm excited to get some cute new things for him when the cooler weather comes!

loves // coloring, puzzles, playing pretend with any kind of toy (which I LOVE to listen to), reading books,  swimming, singing songs, watching netflix shows after his nap every day, playing outside and watching me cook dinner while sitting on the counter. 

Before we take a little stroll down memory lane (and make me cry big tears), I wanted to share his answers to a few questions. I did this on his 2.5 post and loved it! 

favorite book // my Jesus book (the Jesus Story Book Bible)
favorite food // smoothies
favorite song // My God is Powerful 
favorite toy // his dress up guy (This)
favorite thing to do // color with markers

So, happy almost birthday to my big boy! I love you more than you could ever know & I'm so incredibly thankful for you!!! Now, on to a few of my favorites from the past year, and a couple from before. 

& just for fun.... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan