Slider

A Day in Our Life // 008

September 12, 2018

These posts are definitely a lot of work. Thinking about my day and tracking it. Taking photos and remembering to keep all the little details listed. It's funny how many details I shared on the first Day in our Life post, but that really isn't possible now. (really though, it's hilarious to read that entire post now, but also makes me want to cry because SOLOMON WAS SO TINY!!!!) But now, I have two little monkeys to chase, two sweet boys to love. I really wanted to do this so I could remember what life was like with an almost three year old & an almost nine month old. These are the days, right? 

5.22.18 // tuesday
The normal morning now consists of Asher waking up around 7:30 and Solomon waking up around 8. I normally wake up with both boys in the bed with me since Solomon sneaks in the room after the sun comes up. 

This morning was a little different, of course they always are when I plan on doing one of these posts. Asher is in his crib 80% of the night, but he always ends up in our bed for some of the night, because I'm too exhausted to try and sit up and nurse him in his room. 

7:15 - Asher wakes me up by falling off the bed! A first for him, and hopefully a last. Solomon definitely did this a few times once he started to crawl and move around in the bed. Thankfully Asher isn't in our bed as much as Solomon was, so I'm sure it won't happen again. Our bed is also a lot lower to the ground now and he landed on some pillows. He had some cuddles with mommy and some extra kisses, thankfully he was ok!

7:50 - Peter brings me my hot cup of coffee while I watch the Today Show and he heads off to work for the day. 

8:30 - Solomon makes his way downstairs after sleeping in our bed for about 30 minutes. Even if we aren't in the bed, he still stays to sleep a little bit longer. Funny kid! 
Asher is also very fussy since he has a little cold, so he wanted to nurse instead of eating in the morning. 

8:35 I have some Color Street work to do before making some breakfast for the boys.

9:00 - since the boys don't seem to be hungry quite yet, I clean out the dishwasher and reload it before making their oatmeal. 

9:15 - I feed Asher his oatmeal, and Solomon watches an episode of Puppy Dog Pals while he eats his.

9:50 - I make my shake and head upstairs to get ready for the day, and also get the clothes for both of the boys. 

10:00 - We get dressed and ready to go to Costo. 

10:30 - finally leave for Costco. 

11:10 - finished shopping and heading home with his smiley face receipt, Solomon's favorite part of Costco.

11:30 - Solomon is BEYOND "hangry" so I make him his lunch for him to eat while I take Asher upstairs for his nap. 

11:45 - I lay Asher down in his crib for his nap & Peter gets home for lunch. 
He and Solomon go outside to feed the chicks and collect the eggs for the day. 

11:55 - I make my lunch, two eggs on toast with some feta and red pepper flakes!

12:10 - Solomon comes in with a fig from the tree to eat quickly before his nap. 
Peter takes him upstairs for his nap while I'm eating lunch. 

12:20 - I watch an episode of Friends while I get some more Color Street work finished. 

12:40 - right before Peter heads back to work Asher wakes up so he goes to grab him for me and I nurse him and cuddle on the couch till he's ready to wake up. This hardly ever happens with him, so I know he doesn't feel well. 

1:00 - I try my best to play with him and keep him happy with several nursing breaks to make him feel better. 

2:10 - I go to wake up Solomon from his nap and find him sleeping on the pillows on his bedroom floor. Crazy boy, we go to get his Annie's bunnies for his post nap snack and he picks a tv show to watch. He prefers to wake up slowly like his momma. 

2:45 - we head to the playroom to hang out and play, I also cut some fruit for a snack for all of us. 

the way he is holding on to my neck.... he's so sweet! 

3:35 - go out for a QUICK walk because it is so dang hot.

4:00 - take Asher upstairs for his nap while Solomon plays in his room. After I lay Asher down I hear Solomon running to hide, he loves for me to try and "find him" once I put his baby brother in his crib! We spend the rest of the day playing together while I clean and put away laundry, then we head downstairs with a puzzle while we wait for daddy. 

5:50 - Peter comes home and we get ready to go to my mom's house for dinner. I go and get Asher up from his nap so we can go. 

The day is full of little things that we do every single day, and then there are always surprises, so we won't get bored. There are meltdowns, crying, playing, laughing, and so many memories I never want to forget. I know the days seem long, but the years have flown by. I can't believe we will have a three year old in just a few days. The sweet boy who made me a mom, so big, and so loved. We sure are blessed with both of our boys!! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan