Slider

Yoga and God...?

March 17, 2012


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and famous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."Nelson Mandela

At the end of one of my yoga classes this week while lying down on my mat, soaking wet and with a cold lavender washcloth on my face the teacher read the quote above. I felt something move inside me. Something that wanted more. More of love, more of life, more giving for God and His people.

I’ve noticed that some people are a little negative about yoga because they believe it’s a type of religion. As far as I’m concerned I know where my heart is.

I begin each class with a silent prayer to God to put my heart in the right place. Using the hour I have in that class to grow closer to Him. Relying on His strength to push through the moves, using every breath that He has given me to inhale the love and exhale the bad.

When we are having the relaxation time at the end of class to meditate I spend that time lying on my back and talking to my Maker. Thanking Him for giving me a body that can endure the moves I have just completed. Giving me a heart that yearns to become closer to Him everyday.

For me yoga is more than just a workout. It is a spiritual experience however you want to use it. While I am in that HOT room I’m constantly working and talking to God so much that I feel like I am standing right in front of Him at times.

Once I FINALLY reach the end of the class and I lay down my body is so tired but I feel strength from inside. That quote truly hit me when I heard it. I’m so glad that I found this new love for Hot Yoga and I’m so excited about this new level of closeness to the Lord that I have also found… it’s such a blessing!! Now if I could talk the teachers into playing some Hillsong I would have an amazing experience! HA!

I truly hope everyone had an amazing week and hopefully you can make this Saturday beautiful!!! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan