Slider

Happy

May 20, 2010

"Ask most people what they want out of life and the answer is simple. To be happy.  Maybe its this expectation though, the wanting to be happy that just keeps us from ever getting there.  Maybe the more we try and will ourselves to states of bliss the more confused we get, to the point where we don’t recognize ourselves.  Instead we just keep smiling, trying like hell to be the happy people we wish we were until eventually it hits us, it’s been there all along, not in our dreams or hopes but in the known.  The comfortable, the familiar."
This was on last weeks episode of Grey's Anatomy which was so amazing!!  (I watched it twice)  I did the whole, rewind... pause, write. play.... pause, write. play.... pause, write, etc so I could copy this quote down perfectly word for word.  I just thought it was so accurate for my life...

There are always things that happen in my life with family, friends, work, church, love... and I always try and MAKE it happy when I all need to do is just relax!  Wise words from Peter... if I ever get bent out of shape about something (happens quite a bit) he always pats my leg and says "relax" and everything is back in perspective.  I have to stop sweating the small stuff!!  Life is way to short to live stressed and worried.  I've noticed in the past year and 10 months that I'm not as stressed as I used to be... and I don't let things get under my skin like they used to.  I find myself saying, "Cassie, Relax!!"  So... thanks boyfriend, I appreciate it! 

I think it's important to realize that some of the most HAPPY times in our lives are the times where we are comfortable in a familiar place.  Not saying that God doesn't place us in an uncomfortable, unfamiliar place most of the time but finding God IN that place can make all the difference.  So, that's what I am going to work on now. I've gotten the RELAX thing down... I think.  Now I need to have FAITH that God is in control and whatever I am feeling or going through is all made by him. 
 "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it." 

Now that I am done with this blog I am going to watch this weeks TWO HOUR Season Finale of Grey's Anatomy... never know, I might find another awesome quote!!
xoxo, Cas


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan