Slider

a day in our life // 010

April 10, 2019

I honestly forgot that I had written down to do a "day in our life" post, until we finally sat down to do our morning bible time yesterday morning, and I saw it written down on my planner for the day. Not much was missed so, I decided to back track a little and get caught up so I could track our day. I went to get my big camera so I could have some quality photos and use my self timer to truly capture what we do. I really do love these posts so much, especially on lazy Tuesdays at home when we don't have any plans. It makes recording all the little moments a lot easier!! 

04.09.19 // tuesday

7:40 - Peter leaves for the day and Solomon has a little TV time while I nurse Asher in bed and try and wake up. He watches a show on Netflix and I head downstairs and let him watch one more show while I drink my coffee and change Asher's diaper. 

8:00 - Solomon had an accident in his bed last night (for the first time in a very long time), so I move over the wet clothes from last night to the dryer, and wash his sheets. I then start making some eggs for breakfast for the boys.

8:10 - Asher sits at the table and eats his eggs while Solomon tries to use the potty. The first of many unsuccessful trips for the day. I tell him he can try again when he feels ready. 

turning on the music, like most mornings for baby brother!

8:30 - We head into the playroom to clean up the toys from the day before and try and get started on our morning work. On days when we don't have to rush out of the house, we start the day with practicing Solomon's first and last name in his notebook, then do a morning drawing. After that we do a bible study and say our prayers for the day. 

8:45 - The day is definitely off to a slow start and the boys play while I straighten up the living room and the kitchen. I also wash the eggs from the past few days so they will be ready to cook when we need them.

9:30 - Somehow almost an hour goes by and we finally sit down and start our morning work for the day, with some snacks of course. Apple sauce with some ningxia juice for Solomon and a squishy for Asher and ice water for me! 


Before we do our bible story, Solomon tries to potty again... no luck, so we relax and read some books and play for a bit. 


10:40 - Solomon finished his picture drawing for the day and I prep our bible story. Asher is dying for some milk so we cuddle on the couch and read the story together. 

Solomon does a coloring photo, and we talk about the story from last night and today, while Asher plays with some cars on the floor. Last night was about the little girl who died and Jesus brought her back to life, and today was about how to pray. We are using the Crew and Co Easter Cards and they are so sweet! 


11:05 - I've been trying my best to use some of our bible story time to read on my own and also write in my prayer journal. Solomon wanted to sit in my lap and color the rest of his photo since he needed to use the potty but couldn't go quite yet. I enjoy the cuddles and write out my prayers, then we pray together before we go and play.

probably my new favorite photo of the two of them, so sweet!!!

11:40 - We head upstairs to play while I put away some laundry from the night before. I also get Asher dressed in some comfy clothes before lunch. 


12:00 - we head back downstairs and make a smoothie (my lunch) and get some other things out for the boys. Solomon loves helping me with the smoothie every day and Asher gets so excited when we turn it on, he thinks it is so funny! 

I cut up an apple and some string cheese for the boys and Asher also has some avocado.

I love those little toes peeking out from under his tray! 

Solomon's hands, always covered in marker and paint! My little artist... 

12:30 - I head upstairs to get Asher down for his nap while Solomon watches some Disney Jr.
I lay Asher down at 12:50 and let Solomon finish his show before his quiet time. 


1:10 - Solomon has quiet time while I take a quick shower and get dressed for the day. I can tell he is sleepy so I tell him to go play downstairs while I finish my makeup before we do his school work. 

1:30 - I come downstairs and find this..... 

He sure is cute,  but Lord knows he can't take a nap, or he won't be able to go to sleep till 11PM! So I have to wake him up and bribe him with a puzzle to make him want to play. He can hardly work on the puzzle since he needs to use the potty so badly, and he finally let himself go! Hallelujah!!! 


2:05 - he is working on finishing the puzzle and then Asher wakes up! I always try and do our school time when Asher is asleep so I can focus on Solomon and he can have some one on one time, so things are a lot trickier if Asher is awake. But,we get the work out for the day and try our best to stay focused.


2:20 - I let Asher play with some dot markers on the floor with some paper while we work on the letter I for the day. 


3:00 - we clean up the school work supplies and head into the living room so I can fold some laundry while the boys play. 


3:30 - I get everything folded and work on my bible study while Solomon and Asher play together. 
It is so crazy how often I have typed that during my day so far, and I'm so thankful for it. 
Yes, there are moments when I have to remind Solomon to be a kind big brother, or I have to console Asher when he gets frustrated that he's not as big as Solomon, or I need to get down on their level to talk to them, but they really do love to be together and play. Such a blessing!


5:00 - After we get our clothes on, we play music with straws as a flute and Solomon is excited to run upstairs to get his guitar, and Asher starts dancing. Peter gets home from work much earlier than normal and the boys are so excited to see him and put on a show for him. We then head out to dinner and to get some shopping done at the mall. 

It was a slow and easy day at home. A sweet day, one of my favorite kind of days. The house isn't spotless, the laundry is still on the couch as I type this, but my babies were loved and I made time for some sweet moments with my maker. It's crazy how much better my day will flow when I have priorities in the right place, and for that I am thankful. That is something I'm trying my best to work on daily in our home. To be obedient to the Lord and available for my family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan