Slider

Mother's Day 2015.

May 12, 2015


A few weeks ago I had that moment. The "holy cow, I'm pregnant" moment. The feeling of becoming a mother instead of just feeling like I've eaten too many burritos. It felt real! Total honesty, I was sitting on the toilet for my early morning visit to the bathroom (thanks, Solomon for pushing on my bladder all night!) and I was still half asleep but obviously awake. I had this thought in my head like it was something I just learned, something I haven't known to be true for the past several months......

I'm going to be a mom.

I'm going to have a human being. A perfect mix between myself and my favorite person. My own little baby. What the heck?!?

It was so bizarre and surreal but beautiful. I feel these changes every day and I see my belly growing. I know that I'm going to love this baby with every single part of me because he will be a part of me forever. I will carry and sustain this child until they enter the world and then I will continue to take care and love him as much as I possibly can. I'm going to be a mom. I am a mom.  

I loved that we took pictures in front of my grandpa's rose bush!!
I miss him so much and I wish he could meet baby Solomon.


& even a Momma ducky celebrating with her babes!! 


Celebrating this Mother's Day was something special. I feel the weight of the day now but not only the weight of happiness. I feel the crushing sadness for those women that want to be mothers. I know some of these women, I love these women, and it hurts. I can't imagine the amount of weight that they feel on such a special day. I never want my excitement and joy to over shadow the amount of love that I feel for the women that are going through this struggle. I am thankful for the blessing that we have but I know that God has a plan for all of His children and sometimes His plan is hard, but the one thing that I know about His love and His plans is this, He will only give you what you can handle with His loving support and guidance. That is true. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a beautiful Mother's day with those special women you love!  

4 comments:

socalledhomemaker said...

Looks like a great Mother's Day! I'm so glad you've hit the "realize I'm going to be a mother" phase...it's fun!

CassieEliya said...

It was a great day for sure!! :) this phase is so much fun, you are right!!

Mallory said...

I didn't hsve that moment until he actually came out! Haha

CassieEliya said...

HAHA!! I'm sure I will have many of those moments during my first week with him here ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan